Tuesday, May 21, 2013

The Voting Has Begun!

May 20, 2013

Today I received notification that electronic voting was now live. So, I followed the link and viola, there was the ballot! I voted and once I hit "submit," off it went. I soon received an email confirming the successful vote. All went very smooth.

This is the first electronic voting in the history of the ANA and I chose to go this route to test the waters for myself. I am glad I did. It was the quickest I was ever able to vote. On the site, all the same information printed in The Numismatist was available along with the video of the opening and closing remarks given at the New Orleans National Money Show Candidates' Forum. (I still highly recommend you view the question and answer part of the candidates' forum as you will learn more there than in the rehearsed opening and closing statements. Skip the first 17 and a half minutes. To view the forum in its entirety go to at www.youtube.com http://youtu.be/AlKJmdEcsAc .)

The list of candidates was electronically scrambled so they would not be in alphabetical order as they are on the printed ballots. That is a good thing and makes voting as fair as it gets.

I have heard that if members share the same mailing address or email, they may experience difficulty. If so, contact support@directvote.net for further instructions.

If you did not previously sign up to vote electronically, it is too late to change your mind but your ballot will arrive in your mailbox any day now. You have until July 1st to vote. Results will be given to candidates on July 8th. Successful candidates will be sworn in at the Worlds' Fair of Money in Chicago in August.

My overall opinion? I plan to do it again next year. The more who use this the more money we save the ANA!

Good luck candidates and remember, win or lose, I will continue to give freely of my time to the ANA.

Mike Ellis, 5/20/13

No comments:

Post a Comment